Shell Bath Freezer
Shell freezing is a simple and efficient method of freezing product in flasks prior to freeze-drying.
The thicker (deeper) the product fill, the more impedance there is to the vapour escaping from the bottom of the container. This will slow drying and risk collapse. By rotating the flasks in a bath of refrigerated liquid (any suitable thermal fluid) a thin layer of product can be frozen around the outside of the flask. This allows more product to be processed at one time, and reduces the risk of processing failure.
These automatic, refrigerated shell bath freezers provide an easy method of pre-freezing many flasks at a time. The flasks are automatically rotated to create an even layer and a flask lift device prevents fouling of lid and opening.
- Compact, bench-top design
- Temperature to -73C
- Reliable motor driven rollers for flask rotation.
- Single or Dual Bath
- Decrease drying time by shell freezing product (vs static freezing) thereby increasing surface area for energy input and vapor removal.
- Accommodates a variety of flasks
- Easy install, requires standard laboratory utilities
For more information about Shell Bath Freezers, please contact us.