Thank-you for your interest in Biopharma Group.
Part-Time Marketing Assistant – 22.5 hours per week
£16,000 p.a. (£27,000 pro-rata)
What we are looking for?
Due to expansion of our product & services ranges in addition to an evolving business divisions profile, we are seeking a permanent part-time Marketing Assistant covering 22.5 hours per week pro-rata which can be flexibly spread across either 3, 4 or 5 days per week (Monday to Friday) based at our office in Winchester. The successful candidate will have a keen interest in all aspects of Marketing, show initiative and enthusiasm to ‘muck in’ whilst working closely with the Group Marketing Manager and Clean Air Brands Manager in supporting and promoting our key product brands & services with a series of traditional and digital marketing activities in order to reach our core objectives and maximise opportunities to take the end-user through the awareness and consideration stages to intent and conversion.
- Design of advertising and promotional materials for publications, exhibitions, social media and websites
- Support Biopharma Group’s global agents with their marketing collateral needs
- To create or aid in the creation marketing materials/ collateral to support product launches, promotions, announcements or marketing campaigns
- Raise purchase orders
- Assist in market and competitor research to support product development and market assessments
- Bookings, and associated collateral supply for divisional appropriate exhibitions/ conferences and pitching opportunities within pre-approved budgets and assist on any potential internal/ joint-venture events or training courses as required.
- To identify appropriate advertising channels to meet group goals and budgets
- Give support to the Clean Air Brands Manager and sales departments on an ‘ad hoc’ basis including web, print and digital promotional materials for specific customers or meetings.
- If required, support other areas of the business when and where the need arises.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders including our Directors and Chairman, advertising channel Managers, suppliers etc. as required in order to collect content contributions or information required for the Marketing and board meetings
- Ad hoc tasks as required
The overall objective of all activity is to attract and influence end users engagement in order to generate relevant sales leads, maintain reputation management and create strong PR for the Company to capitalise on.
- 2+ years working in a marketing role, if in a B2B environment even better
- Marketing based qualification, good English & maths
- Enthusiasm and willingness to take on multiple tasks and projects – from day-to-day routine to one-off activities
- Strong copywriting, communication & people skills
- Have a creative eye for industry appropriate visual marketing materials e.g. aiding in the conceptualisation and production of corporate, goal driven YouTube videos, designing adverts/ flyers, branding and the willingness to share your ideas
- Adobe CS proficient user particularly in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; PremierPro would be beneficial, but not essential
- A strong understanding of social media use in corporate environments especially B2B e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & YouTube.
- Computer literate, with the ability to use all aspects of Office
- Have the ability to adapt to change and meet deadlines, whilst remaining calm under pressure
- Willing to undertake any training relevant to the role
- Ability to work on your own and as a part of the overall company team in order to achieve organisational objectives
- Readiness to plan and effectively manage/ prioritise your time
Nice to have’s (though not essential):
- Some experience of website content management, CRM and basic understanding of metrics and analytics collation
- Spoken & written French as we have a French speaking division with its own website and need for translated marketing collateral
- A basic understanding of chemistry/ science as the business revolves around the biochemistry/ biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries
What we offer:
- Friendly and busy environment
- An opportunity to work as an integral member of the Sales & Marketing team (reporting directly to the Group Marketing Manager) in a B2B environment. We are a multi-divisional group of inter-relatable products, services and business models
- Flexibility – 22.5 hours per week can be spread across 3, 4 or 5 days to suit
- £16,000 p.a.
- After completing a 6 month probationary period, entry into company pension scheme and health scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Annual profit-based bonus scheme
Safety Cabinet Field Sales Executive – Region: North of M62 Plus Scotland
£Competitive – DOE
THE ROLE: Biopharma Group’s core discipline has been in freeze drying where we have established an excellent reputation and enjoyed success in the pharma, biotechnology and increasingly in the food markets. Our portfolio has grown to include a range of innovative, production and laboratory process equipment where we enjoy a similar reputation and that allows Biopharma to offer a range of systems.
Having recently become the exclusive distributor for the leading European manufacturer of Microbiological Safety Cabinets, FASTER s.r.l. (part of DASIT Group) to directly sell and support these cabinets in mainland UK, we have a unique opportunity to not only work closely with our existing, diverse customer base but also with our service partner for potential cabinet replacements. This is an ideal chance to be ‘in at the start’ and influence the growth of this product line.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the UK Clean Air Sales Manager, the Safety Cabinet Sales Executive’s primary duties comprise, but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for sales of the FASTER range of safety cabinets and meeting the company’s sales targets and growth plans for this product range in the North of England (north of M62) and Scotland
- Preparation and issue of sales offers and tenders along with appropriate technical and commercial documentation to meet customer requirements whilst liaising with Principals and contractors to provide the most advantageous technical and commercial solution
- Following up offers with customers, responding to any technical or commercial questions that arise
- Due to the region covered, travel is essential and the successful candidate is expected to be on the road four days per week
- Although a remotely based role, you will need to attend our office in Winchester, Hampshire on occasion and as other duties require.
- Promptly qualifying all incoming leads including referrals from our service partners.
- Develop new markets and opportunities not necessarily associated with Biopharma’s traditional business and markets
- Maintain/ grow existing distributor base and establish new distributors
- Attend relevant trade shows, exhibitions, tabletops and other promotional events to promote the FASTER s.r.l. range
- Developing and executing a targeted business development strategy for the product ranges for both new customers, and in conjunction with other Group sales team members, cross selling within the customer base
- Assisting the Group Marketing Manager with the development of promotional activities including commercial collateral, digital promotions, identification of potential exhibitions/ conferences, preparation of application notes, customer references etc.
- Ensuring team members at our service partners are kept informed of the available products
- Maintaining CRM records and keeping system up to date
- On receipt of order, liaising with the Principal, Biopharma sales support and our service partners for the smooth fulfilment of the order and installation of the product sold
- Keeping in close contact with the Principal’s offices as to lead times, product development, applications etc
- Preparing sales forecasts on a regular basis to assist the UK Clean Air Sales Manager with monthly reports and participating in annual budget production
Full training at the manufacturer’s European facility will be provided and expertise is also available via our service partner. Awareness training of the Biopharma Group product ranges and services portfolio will be provided.
THE CANDIDATE WILL BE:
- Educated to minimum degree standard in a science or engineering discipline relevant to the product applications
- Experience in selling clean air solutions to current standards would be a distinct advantage otherwise to show a commercial track record in similar equipment sales
- Able to sell through the consensual identification of needs and solutions, typically within the pharma and biotechnology community
- Able to absorb new process technologies quickly and easily
- Able to confidently converse with engineering and scientific disciplines at all levels
- Prepared to meet customers on their site and understand facility design considerations
- A confident, motivated self starter who will thrive on a high degree of autonomy
- A team player who will play an active role within the Biopharma Group sales engine
THE PACKAGE: The package for the successful candidate will be;
- Basic salary commensurate with experience
- Company bonus scheme
- Company laptop and mobile
- On completion of probationary period, membership of Group health, death in service insurance schemes and company pension scheme.
- 20 days holiday rising to 25 with length of service plus UK bank holidays
- The position does not offer a company car but does offer mileage reimbursement at HMRC published rates.( https://www.gov.uk/expenses-and-benefits-business-travel-mileage/rules-for-tax )