Thank-you for your interest in Biopharma Group.
Part-time Marketing Assistant – 22.5 hours per week
£16,000 p.a. (£27,000 pro-rata)
What we are looking for?
Due to an internal promotion and an evolving business divisions profile, we are seeking an experienced part-time Marketing Assistant covering 22.5 hours per week which can be flexibly spread across either 3, 4 or 5 days per week (Monday to Friday) based at our office in Winchester. The successful candidate will have a keen interest in all aspects of Marketing, with strong digital, design and organisational skills, and enthusiasm to ‘muck in’ whilst working closely with the Head of Marketing and Clean Air Brands Marketing Manager in supporting and promoting our key product brands & services with a series of traditional and digital marketing activities in order to reach our core objectives and maximise opportunities to take the end-user through the awareness and consideration stages to intent and conversion.
- Liaison point for publications & advertising portals to ensure that the schedule for adverts, press releases, editorial etc. is adhered to and maintained appropriately
- Bookings and associated agreed collateral supply for divisional appropriate exhibitions/ conferences and pitching opportunities within pre-approved budgets and assist on any potential internal/ joint-venture events or training courses as required.
- Design or aid in the creation marketing materials/ collateral to support product launches, promotions, announcements, dedicated campaigns etc. for advertising, publications, exhibitions, social media and websites
- Collation of material (digital & print) appropriate for translation and retargeting to assist in dedicated campaigns for our French division
- Run Biopharma Group’s global agents ‘Hub’ group – supporting their marketing collateral needs and ensuring that they use the most up to date imagery, documentation and articles
- Assist in market and competitor research to support product development and market assessments
- Give support to the sales departments on an ‘ad hoc’ basis including web, print and digital promotional materials for specific customers or meetings.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders including our Directors and Chairman, advertising channel Managers, suppliers etc. as required in order to collect content contributions or information required for the Marketing and Board meetings
- Raise purchase orders (as appropriate)
- Ad hoc tasks as required
The overall objective of all activity is to attract and influence end users engagement in order to generate relevant sales leads, maintain reputation management and create strong PR for the Company to capitalise on.
- Minimum of 2+ years working in a marketing role, if in a B2B environment even better
- Marketing based qualification, good English & maths
- Enthusiasm and willingness to take on multiple tasks and projects – from day-to-day routine to one-off activities
- Strong copywriting, communication & people skills
- Have a creative eye for industry appropriate visual marketing e.g. aiding in the conceptualisation and production of corporate, goal driven YouTube videos, designing adverts/ flyers, branding and the willingness to share your ideas
- Adobe CS proficient user particularly in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; PremierPro would be beneficial, but not essential
- A strong understanding of social media use in corporate environments especially B2B e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & YouTube.
- Computer literate, with the ability to use all aspects of Office
- Have the ability to adapt to change and meet short deadlines, whilst remaining calm under pressure
- Willing to undertake training (as appropriate) relevant to the role
- Ability to work on own and as a part of the overall company team in order to achieve organisational objectives
- Readiness to plan and effectively manage/ prioritise your time
Nice to have’s (though not essential):
- Some experience of website content management, CRM and basic understanding of metrics and analytics collation
- Spoken & written French as we have a French speaking division with its own website and need for translated marketing collateral
- A basic understanding of chemistry/ science as the business revolves around the biochemistry/ biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries
What we offer:
- Friendly and busy environment
- An opportunity to work as an integral member of the Marketing & Sales teams (reporting directly to the Head of Marketing) in a B2B environment. We are a multi-divisional group of inter-relatable products, services and business models
- Flexibility – 22.5 hours per week can be spread across 3, 4 or 5 days to suit
- £16,000 p.a. (= £27,000 pro-rata)
- After completing a 6 month probationary period, entry into company pension scheme and health scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Annual profit-based bonus scheme
Biopharma Group’s marketing department handles the marketing in-house all of the Group’s divisions i.e. BPS (including Faster Airflow products) and BTL in the UK, BTF in France, BTLLC in the USA and our Irish subsidiary BPS Crowthorne. In addition, we also handle the marketing for our sister companies Crowthorne Group and Absolute Carbon Filters.
Our aim is to meet the needs of our customers’ projects appropriate to the size and stage by augmenting their in-house expertise whether to buy equipment, analytical lab services, training or clean air servicing and validation.
Biopharma Group’s speciality is within the freeze drying (lyophilisation) and associated process technologies. Each of our divisions has a dedicated purpose i.e.
- BPS (Est. 1989) is our capital equipment sales division covering freeze dryers, high pressure homogenisers, solvent removal evaporators, volumetric powder fillers, preparative chromatography systems, aseptic processing lines/ vial handling solutions
- Faster airflow products are the latest addition (Nov. 2018) to the capital equipment product ranges that Biopharma represents in mainland UK offering microbiological safety cabinets, fume cupboards and product protection work benches in particular
- BTL (Est. 1997 and now incorporated into BPS) is our lyophilisation laboratory based in Winchester which handles our international R&D lyo-consultancy, analytical lab services, instrument development and training courses
- BTF (Est. 2014) is our dedicated division for France that offers everything from BPS & BTL except high pressure homogenisers and the Faster Airflow product range.
- BTLLC (Est. 2012) is based in the USA offering R&D lyo-consultancy, analytical lab services, analytical instrumentation/ development and training courses
- Crowthorne Group (Est. 1986) is Europe’s largest independent supplier of clean air servicing, validation and airflow spare parts for cleanrooms and containment facilities
- BPS Crowthorne (Est. 2017) is our Irish division which uniquely combines the products and services available from BPS, BTL and Crowthorne Group under ‘one roof’
- Absolute Carbon Filters (Est. 2019) was established at the beginning of 2019 as both the manufacturer and supplier of carbon filters for many cabinet brands across the biotech and pharmaceuticals industries
our Irish division website is currently under construction
Head Office – Winchester, Hampshire