BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE – ASIA-PACIFIC REGION
Salary Expectation – circa £40,000 (DOE)
Due to expansion of our services in the R&D Consultancy division, Biopharma Group is seeking to recruit a motivated and experienced Business Development Executive to raise the market-share and awareness across the Asia-Pacific region for the process development/R&D consultancy function of the business. A background in a science or laboratory-based environment will be beneficial due to the customer base you will be engaging with.
THE ROLE – ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?
Reporting to the Global Commercial Manager, we are looking for a Business Development Executive with experience in/an understanding of the Asia-Pacific market to generate sales and develop customer relationships for new and ongoing business across our range of R&D consultancy and process development services.
The ideal candidate will have experience in all stages of the sales cycle and will also need to identify new/potential sales opportunities for other products and services for referring to colleagues in associated areas of the business (including sister companies) where possible. You should be confident in building new client relationships, maintaining existing ones and possess good negotiation skills.
The role encompasses the sale of consultancy and delivery services across all aspects of the lyophilisation process in the fields of small molecules, vaccines, diagnostics, peptides, antibodies, ADC’s, live organisms (attenuated and non- attenuated) probiotics, GMO’s, collagen scaffolds and medical devices, the suite of consultancy and process development services include:
- Open new markets within the Asia-Pacific region directly or via approved resellers
- To build upon and develop Biopharma Group’s existing process development sales in the region
- To access emerging pharmaceutical development and production economies.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Whilst this position is not a field-based sales role, the principal duties include, but are not limited to:
- Achieving monthly and annual sales targets
- Sourcing and development of new business opportunities and leads
- Maximising leads across consultancy product areas through efficient quoting and following up
- Visiting resellers/agents and end-users to increase revenues as necessary and appropriate
- Participating in telephone and video conferences
- Preparation of technical quotes for laboratory / consultancy work in conjunction with scientific staff
- Managing the international sales forecast for the consultancy product for agents in co- ordination with the Global Commercial Manager
- Maintaining the necessary CRM records for the same
- Producing monthly and quarterly sales reports, participate in the monthly sales and marketing review
- Attending trade exhibitions, conferences and industry meetings
- Providing technical information and advice to customers and other sales staff
- Negotiating contracts, terms and conditions, confidentiality agreements.
Biopharma Group uses a range of delivery channels to promote and deliver the consultancy and process development services worldwide:
- Via Group companies: Biopharma Group has dedicated divisions across the UK, Ireland, France and the USA. In these territories the successful Business Development Executive candidate will be expected to liaise with local sales teams and assist with preparation of offers, answering technical queries and advise on commercial negotiations. We also have several sister companies that offer synergetic services or products that may also be of interest to customers. Visit www.biopharma.co.uk, to visit websites for our divisions and sister companies.
- Resellers: Biopharma Group has a range of agents with which it works closely to meet sales targets; you will be required to support these agents in a similar manner as your internal sales colleagues.
- Directly: In all other territories, you will need to deliver via a direct sales process running from lead generation to close of sale.
THE SUCCESFUL CANDIDATE WILL NEED:
- A science degree in a relevant subject
- To be available to travel; a minimum of 30% global travel time is envisaged for this role
- 3+ years experience in a sales role with an international customer base
- A proven track record of sales conversion success, ideally in the Asia-Pacific region
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to assimilate new technological processes quickly and be able to articulate them onwards to customers in a competent fashion
- To be motivated and able to work to an agreed sales and business plan and targets without day-to-day supervision
- To tailor Biopharma Group’s product range to the relevant market, then identify and propose new products and services relevant to those markets
- Work well within a close and professional team and under pressure.
An understanding of lyophilisation would be beneficial, however, a full technical training programme will be supplied. Fluency in a second language would also be desirable but not essential.
A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF BIOPHARMA GROUP:
Biopharma Group is one of the world’s foremost lyophilisation (freeze drying) specialists. Based in Winchester, UK, we cover freeze drying consultancy needs for an international client base from our lyo R&D/ CRO laboratory for everything from formulation and cycle development to scale up optimisation and production, to dedicated industry related training courses by leading experts in the field. Additionally, we also have a dedicated sales team for our capital equipment divisions covering the UK, Ireland and France who supply freeze dryers from benchtop to production scale, analytical lyo instruments and bioprocessing equipment from centrifugal solvent evaporators to full aseptic fill-finish processing lines and more besides.