High Pressure Homogenisation
The Avestin EmulsiFlex Series
The Emulsiflex range of high pressure homogenisers from Avestin are ideal for a wide range of applications, commonly used within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and fine chemicals industries. These include cell lysis, particle size reduction, nanoparticles, emulsions (emulsification), and liposome preparation. Additionally, it offers reliable, consistent processing at adjustable pressures of up to 45,000 psi, Both air-powered and electrically-powered systems are available, and options include filter/extruder attachments, temperature control mechanisms and automatic pressure control.
The unique Emulsiflex design ensures that there are no ‘O’-rings or gaskets in the entire path of the product. This means less risk of contamination, easier cleaning and no leakage.
Please note: Custom designed units can offer pressures up to 45,000 psi thus enabling the process the toughest of samples.
Features and Options
- Pneumatically controlled, dynamic homogenizing valve.
- No O-rings or gaskets in product path: all face seals are precision-machined, metal-to-metal or metal-to-ceramic.
- Easy disassembly for cleaning or inspection.
- Impeccable scalability across research and production models, for reliable processing.
- Inlet and outlet temperatures can be stringently controlled with the installation of available heat exchanging mechanisms.
- Suitable for cold room use.
Cleaning and Sterilization:
- Suitable for CIP.
- Can be used in cleanrooms and for GMP manufacturing.
- All wetted parts are autoclavable and suitable for SIP.
- GMP certification is available.
- Temperature inlet / outlet cooling.
- Range of sample containers.
- Syringe fittings.
- High pressure filter / extruder.
- Automatic pressure control.
Support and Maintenance:
- Support provided by UK-based service team.
- Installation, set-up assistance and full operator training are available upon request.
With models that can handle sample volumes of 3 mL (B15) up to 2000 L (C500/ C1000), and flow rates of 15 mL batch through to 1000 L per hour, the Avestin Emulsiflex Range offered by Biopharma throughout the UK and Ireland, could be the ideal solution to your homogenisation needs.
The Avestin LiposoFast Series
The preparation of liposomes via liposome extrusion is becoming an ever-popular procedure, largely due to their ability to encapsulate both hydrophilic and hydrophobic compounds. This has become a significant advancement in drug and supplement delivery research, as ingested liposomal products often show significant bioavailability increases.
The Avestin LiposoFast series consists of available hand-held and benchtop extruder systems, capable of producing unilamellar liposomes as small as 50nm, with a narrow size distribution.
Temperature control is also available, for heat sensitive products, to maximize yield of viable liposomes.
If you are new to the science of High Pressure Homogenisation, our free guide ‘Introduction to Homogenisation’ eBooklet has been written to give a basic understanding to this process.
Alternatively contact Ashley Morgan on +44 (0)1962 841092
You may also be interested in: